Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook
10 years ago today...
...I submitted my first review to The Metal Crypt for Soulitude's Destroy All Humans (it went up on 12/25/08).

http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/review.php?revid=4352
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood
My sincere congrats, Mike!

Hopefully, there will also be another 10 years ahead of you as a longtime supporter of The Metal CryptWink
"What does not kill me... Eh, makes me even more pissed off, you punk!!!"  Angry

My friends in WHIPLASH...
(12-08-2018, 05:53 AM)MetalMike Wrote: ...I submitted my first review to The Metal Crypt for Soulitude's Destroy All Humans (it went up on 12/25/08).

http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/review.php?revid=4352

Awesome! I remember you came in as part of a rather large group and I believe you're the only one that we haven't scared away. Yet. Big Grin
Has it been 10 years?  I still think of you as the new kid Cool
(12-08-2018, 01:50 PM)Sargon the Terrible Wrote: Has it been 10 years?  I still think of you as the new kid Cool

Compared to you, I am the new kid around here  Tongue
Wow, time flies, congratulations! Your tastes overlap with mine pretty nicely, so I always make sure to check out the albums you recommend. Keep it up!

I actually remember a bunch of new guys coming in back then, what happened?
(12-08-2018, 02:19 PM)MetalMike Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 01:50 PM)Sargon the Terrible Wrote: Has it been 10 years?  I still think of you as the new kid Cool

Compared to you, I am the new kid around here  Tongue

You only got 5 years on me.

(12-08-2018, 03:02 PM)metal_xxx Wrote: Wow, time flies, congratulations! Your tastes overlap with mine pretty nicely, so I always make sure to check out the albums you recommend. Keep it up!

I actually remember a bunch of new guys coming in back then, what happened?

You'd be amazed how many people over the years come in, act all excited, write 3 reviews and then vanish forever.
New folks come in because they love the music but don’t realize that it’s work listening to stuff you might not necessarily like so you can write something intelligent about it. You REALLY have to love the music to keep doing it. 

Personally, I hated always hearing the “hit” on commercial radio back in the 80s so I became a DJ on my college radio station. That way I could play deep cuts and bands that no one else was playing. I wanted to share all the great music I was in to. Michel has given me the chance to do that again by writing reviews for The Metal Crypt. Thanks, Michel!
(12-08-2018, 09:08 PM)MetalMike Wrote:  write something intelligent about it. 

Oops. No one told me about THAT!
(12-09-2018, 08:25 AM)metalcrypt Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 09:08 PM)MetalMike Wrote:  write something intelligent about it. 

Oops. No one told me about THAT!
You’re the boss, you can do what you want  Tongue