Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook
"Recommend some semi-classic, nearly forgotten and obscure metal albums/demos" thread
So, I was going through some of my metal collection today (mostly vinyls though), and found some really killer albums from my "music room" that I haven't listened to in a pretty long time.

Hence I decided to start this thread for these "old metal gems" that we all should dig out back to the daylight again, just to remind all of us about the existence of them.  Wink

My first choice out of them for today is this album below (which I have always been digging the hell out of it):

Here's one more a bit rarer finding off of my own record collection below...

"What does not kill me... Eh, makes me even more pissed off, you punk!!!"  Angry

My friends in WHIPLASH...
Wink 
This is from 1982 - and from Finland.  Cool

"What does not kill me... Eh, makes me even more pissed off, you punk!!!"  Angry

This album was also a pretty cool release when it was released back in the day...

Germany's HARDWARE was a pretty cool sounding Heavy Metal band during the eighties, at times reminding me of early Accept musically here and there. Smile

Great stuff from the fertile Swedish metal scene below when it started seriously producing something else but not Abba-clone bands only...  Big Grin

Assuming "semi-classic" is in terms of quality and not time, Scum's Purple Dreams and Magic Poems, despite the odd title, is great little gem of Finnish Melodic Death Metal:

Metal Always. Metal Only.
(12-05-2018, 01:19 AM)Luxi Wrote: Great stuff from the fertile Swedish metal scene below when it started seriously producing something else but not Abba-clone bands only...
I have this evil smirk on my face when I hear people who still think Sweden is ABBA, Roxette or The Hansons. Big Grin
(12-05-2018, 12:20 PM)Mjölnir Wrote: Assuming "semi-classic" is in terms of quality and not time, Scum's Purple Dreams and Magic Poems, despite the odd title, is great little gem of Finnish Melodic Death Metal:

Yes, this great and pretty overlooked album can be counted in... A nice pick from you, by the way.  Wink

Loved this album below when it came out back in 1984 - and still love it. Great stuff!!

Very cool and catchy Heavy Metal from 1986...

Killer Prog/Power from USA in the vein of Crimson Glory, early Queensryche and Glacier. Talisphere never released a full length, but this demo alone obliterates a lot of bands out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXUG2v1SW24
Metal is forever
In every Single matter
Metal is forever
Nations come together