Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook
Current Videogame
Was starting to get too familiar with the Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, and since I don't have any new games, I decided to start my second playthrough of Far Cry 4. Man, this game is quite beautiful.
Replaying Borderlands 2, after Wolfenstein: The New Colossus was so disappointing.
(02-24-2018, 07:55 PM)Sargon the Terrible Wrote: Replaying Borderlands 2, after Wolfenstein: The New Colossus was so disappointing.

Is Borderlands 2 a strong single player game?  My old roommate made it sound like it's mostly fun as a co-op game.  However, I was interested, just not much of a multiplayer kind of gamer myself. 
I did play the first one with all the DLC, which was fun but at a certain point I got bored due to lots of backtracking and stuff.
(02-24-2018, 08:46 PM)ReignInBloodyGore Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 07:55 PM)Sargon the Terrible Wrote: Replaying Borderlands 2, after Wolfenstein: The New Colossus was so disappointing.

Is Borderlands 2 a strong single player game?  My old roommate made it sound like it's mostly fun as a co-op game.  However, I was interested, just not much of a multiplayer kind of gamer myself. 
I did play the first one with all the DLC, which was fun but at a certain point I got bored due to lots of backtracking and stuff.

Oh yeah, definitely good as a single-player.  I have been through the game multiple times solo.  I have played it co-op and that is a different kind of fun.  It has a much better story than the original, and some of the DLC is great.  Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep is one of the best pieces of DLC ever made for any game.  You can get it with the Pre-Sequel as a bundle now for cheap, and it's totally worth it.
Good to hear. I had been eyeballing the Handsome Collection for a while, and yeah, for that price it's hard to go wrong.

Also struggling because I know I have to replay a good Final Fantasy soon since I have been craving one of the PSX ones, and I know I'll be replaying Dark Souls 1 Remastered when it comes in May. But I just might have to get Borderlands now. Thanks
Spilting my gameplay between
Far Cry 4 - Really like it, the gameplay, the open world and the spychedelic music is also great.
Grim Fandango - Never played it when it was released and I don't know why cause it's good.
Uncanny Valley
Mortal Kombat XL - My God this is so good, the movements are fluids, the intros of characters are really awesome, the fatalities are great.
Now that I've beaten Far Cry 4 for the second time, I am contemplating purchasing Far Cry 5, but I'll have to think about it due to the mixed reviews and the acknowledgement that I just finished 4 and 5 is mostly the same game with respects to gameplay most likely.

For now, I'm replaying Final Fantasy IX. For me, the old PSX Final Fantasies (7-9) are infinitely replayable.