Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Current Videogame  (Read 196058 times)

Offline metaldomdom

Re: Current Videogame
« Reply #1035 on: December 05, 2017, 02:08:26 pm »
After 200 hours playing Fallout 4. it's time to quit. Bought the season pass for 20$, couldnt finished Far harbor cause of the bug in SIMA computer. So I started Nuka World, but now I have to do raiders settlements... I hate settlements, so I quit loll

Started Batman Arkham knight, and wow what a game

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #1036 on: December 06, 2017, 04:24:31 am »
Got the Diablo 3 "Ultimate Evil Edition" and am just immersed in it.  So much more content.

Offline RichardRG

« Reply #1037 on: December 14, 2017, 05:03:17 pm »
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Offline EmTang

« Reply #1038 on: December 14, 2017, 06:34:19 pm »
Got the Diablo 3 "Ultimate Evil Edition" and am just immersed in it.  So much more content.

Pretty amazing game eh?   I like the world that they crafted as well.  Some pretty over-the-top, fantastic designs.  What character/class are you playing as?

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #1039 on: December 14, 2017, 10:26:52 pm »
I leveled to 70 plus like 79 paragon levels as a Sorceress, then started a Demon Hunter and I have her up to 50.  When I had the Ps3 version I leveled a Barbarian and a Monk.

Offline ReignInBloodyGore

« Reply #1040 on: December 14, 2017, 11:55:04 pm »
Just downloaded the "Afterbirth" DLC to my PS4 copy of The Binding of Isaac Rebirth.  Good lord this game just gets better all the time.  I had 100% my Rebirth file a year ago and picking it back up tonight.  Makes me want to get a Nintendo Switch so I can play Isaac Afterbirth on it anywhere.

Offline Eternal_Sorrow

« Reply #1041 on: December 15, 2017, 12:08:53 am »
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Playing this as well, pretty great so far... The question is poorly implemented though which annoys me, they should allow multiple quests to be tracked at all times and they should show where to go on the minimap as the game is huge and its easy to get lost!

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #1042 on: December 23, 2017, 06:06:14 pm »
Got Assassin's Creed: Origins for Xmas.  Sweeeeeeet.

Offline Mjölnir

• Hail to the Hammer
« Reply #1043 on: December 23, 2017, 08:03:14 pm »
Got Assassin's Creed: Origins for Xmas.  Sweeeeeeet.
I've played a bit of it, and alas, it appears the slimy tendrils of microtransactions finally got a hold of the series, as the entire leveling system appears to exist largely so you have to visit the in-game store that takes a lot of a currency you can get for real money, and thus turning the series into a pure skinner box.  Shame, really.
Metal Always. Metal Only.

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #1044 on: December 25, 2017, 12:22:59 am »
I've played a bit of it, and alas, it appears the slimy tendrils of microtransactions finally got a hold of the series, as the entire leveling system appears to exist largely so you have to visit the in-game store that takes a lot of a currency you can get for real money, and thus turning the series into a pure skinner box.  Shame, really.

Well, let me know what game you get so I can shit on it in a snide tone of voice.

Offline Mjölnir

• Hail to the Hammer
« Reply #1045 on: December 25, 2017, 09:49:03 am »
Well, let me know what game you get so I can shit on it in a snide tone of voice.
Forgive me, I didn't mean to rain on your gift.  I have a sheer hatred of what the Triple-A industry is doing to games these days with microtransactions and lootboxing, and I sometimes go off on it where I shouldn't.  Enjoy the game.

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #1046 on: December 25, 2017, 01:35:20 pm »
I haven't seen any of that so far.  Sure, there's a store you can go to but I have just ignored it like I always do with anything multiplayer.  Like when everyone complained about the Diablo 3 marketplace and I don't even know what they were talking about because I never even looked at it.

So far AC:O is just gorgeous and fun.  They added some looting and leveling mechanics like an RPG but that's fine with me.  It looks from the interface like they were playing a lot of Destiny.  Though actually the RPG elements here are a bit crunchier than they are in Destiny.

Offline Mjölnir

• Hail to the Hammer
« Reply #1047 on: December 25, 2017, 06:23:59 pm »
I haven't seen any of that so far.  Sure, there's a store you can go to but I have just ignored it like I always do with anything multiplayer.  Like when everyone complained about the Diablo 3 marketplace and I don't even know what they were talking about because I never even looked at it.

So far AC:O is just gorgeous and fun.  They added some looting and leveling mechanics like an RPG but that's fine with me.  It looks from the interface like they were playing a lot of Destiny.  Though actually the RPG elements here are a bit crunchier than they are in Destiny.
The Diablo 3 Marketplace started out screwing up servers, and was also a bold-faced attempt at squeezing money out of players.  The in-game store in AC:O, along with any game that you pay for that includes microtransactions for stuff you used to be able to just get in the game, are even more bold faced and twice as unacceptable, as they've slowly rotted the mainstream games from the inside and have started devolving them into blatant cash grabs (Shadow of War and Star Wars Battlefront 2 are far more egregious, and any game with loot boxes for that matter).  AC:O certainly isn't the worst offender, but I found that a lot of the game was structured around it, even if it can be ignored, and that saddens the hell out of me.  Still, if you can ignore all that and just play, more power to you.

Offline Sirliftsalot48

« Reply #1048 on: December 25, 2017, 10:32:25 pm »
Just finished up Salt and Sanctuary and Grow Up.  Salt and Sanctuary is essentially a 2D Dark Souls.  Grow Up plays almost the same as its predecessor, Grow Home, only with a small spherical planet this time.  I'm going to start playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy tomorrow.  I have high hopes for it, given how much I've enjoyed all the other Uncharted games.

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #1049 on: December 26, 2017, 03:24:37 am »
The Diablo 3 Marketplace started out screwing up servers, and was also a bold-faced attempt at squeezing money out of players.  The in-game store in AC:O, along with any game that you pay for that includes microtransactions for stuff you used to be able to just get in the game, are even more bold faced and twice as unacceptable, as they've slowly rotted the mainstream games from the inside and have started devolving them into blatant cash grabs (Shadow of War and Star Wars Battlefront 2 are far more egregious, and any game with loot boxes for that matter).  AC:O certainly isn't the worst offender, but I found that a lot of the game was structured around it, even if it can be ignored, and that saddens the hell out of me.  Still, if you can ignore all that and just play, more power to you.

Honestly I never even notice it.  It's just a tab on the menu screen I never use.  And in Diablo I never even saw the marketplace everyone was on about.  I wouldn't even know how to find it.