Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: The Tabletop RPG Thread (D&D, etc.)  (Read 166 times)

Offline Mjölnir

• Hail to the Hammer
The Tabletop RPG Thread (D&D, etc.)
« on: June 14, 2017, 12:22:39 PM »
I've gotten into Tabletop RPGs in the last few years, so I was curious if anyone else here is or has ever played any, what their favorite systems are, if they have any interesting stories about it, etc.

I've played everything from Call of Cthulhu to Star Wars to D&D 3.5, though my favorite and most familiar is Pathfinder.  My oldest character is my Elven Wizard Malwin (and for those who have played, they may realize how poor a decision Wizard was for my first class) and his raven familiar Braskil.  Ironically, the raven currently has a more fleshed out character than the elf (raven familiar's can speak, and my GM let's me roleplay the raven), and now it's too late to properly fix that fact  :lol
Metal Always. Metal Only.

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
Re: The Tabletop RPG Thread (D&D, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 04:14:39 PM »
Dude, I have been playing tabletop games for like 35 years and I still run a weekly game.

Offline Mjölnir

• Hail to the Hammer
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 05:28:48 PM »
Dude, I have been playing tabletop games for like 35 years and I still run a weekly game.
Cool.  What systems?

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 08:46:48 PM »
Cool.  What systems?

Geez, what systems have I not played?  I started on D&D and AD&D, then Gamma World, Star Frontiers, Champions, Marvel Super Heroes, Traveller, Call of Cthulhu, Talislanta, Arcanum, Pendragon, RIFTS, GURPS, Mekton, Star Wars, Battletech, FateCore, Swordbearer, Palladium, Jorune, and I am sure I am forgetting some of them.

Offline Mjölnir

• Hail to the Hammer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »
Geez, what systems have I not played?  I started on D&D and AD&D, then Gamma World, Star Frontiers, Champions, Marvel Super Heroes, Traveller, Call of Cthulhu, Talislanta, Arcanum, Pendragon, RIFTS, GURPS, Mekton, Star Wars, Battletech, FateCore, Swordbearer, Palladium, Jorune, and I am sure I am forgetting some of them.
Well, seeing that I don't know what 2/3rds of those systems are, I'm thinking maybe this thread should be owned by you instead, assuming we aren't the only ones who ever use it :lol

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 06:09:28 PM »
I had an AD&D game that was weekly for 2-3 years in the late 80s but nothing since. I liked playing way more than DMing and the guy that did run everything got burned out.
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 06:49:57 PM »
I am pretty much exclusively a GM these days.  I have been running pretty much the same group for almost 10 years now.

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 09:01:35 PM »
I am pretty much exclusively a GM these days.  I have been running pretty much the same group for almost 10 years now.

I can see that  :naughty:
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

Offline Mjölnir

• Hail to the Hammer
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 09:48:12 PM »
I had an AD&D game that was weekly for 2-3 years in the late 80s but nothing since. I liked playing way more than DMing and the guy that did run everything got burned out.
I, too, prefer playing to GMing, but mostly because I'm still at the point of having no clue what I'm doing.