Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: What's the "Holy Grail" of your own Metal music collection?  (Read 538 times)

Offline Luxi

• Staff
  • "SADISTIC FUCKING INTENT!!!"
What's the "Holy Grail" of your own Metal music collection?
« on: November 25, 2017, 11:40:45 am »
I am kinda curious to know do we have some other serious Metal music collectors here on the board - like me myself, that mostly swear in the name of physical copies of releases.

I definitely belong to this group of people that prefer physical copies over any digital copies of albums/demos. Since I have been collection lots of all kinds of Metal releases over the past 4 decades, I also managed to get a few very special items for my own collection too.

However, out of all of them my own "Holy Grail" must be this (see below)

Eddie's Archive - Limited box containing of 6 discs of rare Iron Maiden songs, released by Sony Music in 2002

What makes this box even more special is a fact that it's been signed by all six current members of Iron Maiden + one ex-member, vocalist Paul Di'Anno (all of their signatures can be found from the family tree, which is included with the box - see the second pic). I have taken all of these lads' signatures here in Finland many years ago by myself, so it makes this box set even "extra special" for me, as you can clearly imagine.

So, what's your own precious, "Holy Grail" may I say, in your personal Metal music collection...?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 12:18:57 pm by Luxi »
"Live for today... tomorrow never comes".

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
Re: What's the "Holy Grail" of your own Metal music collection?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 01:07:44 pm »
I am not the collector I once was (time, space & money all being factors) and sold a lot of my ?rare? CDs long ago. What I still prize are my original Noise Records vinyl copy of To Mega Therion complete with poster and all other inserts and some other original releases like Ride the Lightning on Megaforce, prior to Metallica signing with Elektra and a couple of early Roadrunner CDs in the ?breakaway? case before jewel cases became the standard.
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

Offline Dragonchaser

• Staff
  • Ghost In The Ruins
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 10:46:29 am »
I have some cool items. I have that Maiden boxset myself. I also have The First Ten Years box set of all their singles from 1980 to 1990.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iron-Maiden-The-First-Ten-Years-Vinyl-Boxset-vinyl-Mint-condition-NEVER-PLAYED-/112603326607

Offline ReignInBloodyGore

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 11:35:53 am »
Besides my Autopsy- After the Cutting CD book set, I don't have any of those cool collector sets that I'm proud of or anything. 

However, I consider the gems of my collection the full discographies of my favorite bands.  I love my complete set of Death albums, as well as Suffocation and Cannibal Corpse full discographies.  I have a few others, but really, it's all about Death for me.