Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Death Metal Thread  (Read 2128 times)

Offline ReignInBloodyGore

Re: Death Metal Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2017, 12:03:33 am »
This is all I get by clicking your suggested link: "This video is not available." Weird...
Oh weird. I've experienced that with some things on YouTube. I think sometimes it's due to a regional thing and other times it's due to some YouTube playlist restriction. I posted the song because it's my favorite track, but there are others on YouTube from the album.

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2017, 12:38:11 pm »
Coming out in just two days is the brand new full-length from Sweden's Under the Church, an old school death metal band made with two members from the legendary Swedish death metal band Nirvana 2002.  I've just heard a little of this album so far, but what I can tell you guys is that it certainly doesn't bring anything new, but it sounds really great, and captures quite a bit of the magic of the classic releases of old Entombed.  So if you like that kind of sound, this album seems to be for you.  This track here is certainly keeping my attention.

Listen:  Under the Church- Wretched Disfigurement   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-wuDHlNsII

Offline Luxi

• Staff
  • "SADISTIC FUCKING INTENT!!!"
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2017, 10:38:00 pm »
Coming out in just two days is the brand new full-length from Sweden's Under the Church, an old school death metal band made with two members from the legendary Swedish death metal band Nirvana 2002.  I've just heard a little of this album so far, but what I can tell you guys is that it certainly doesn't bring anything new, but it sounds really great, and captures quite a bit of the magic of the classic releases of old Entombed.  So if you like that kind of sound, this album seems to be for you.  This track here is certainly keeping my attention.

Listen:  Under the Church- Wretched Disfigurement   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-wuDHlNsII

They sound really good... I have the band's previous album, which I liked a lot. Old school, down-tuned Swe-Death is the name of the game indeed...

Here's one of my favorites from the tape-trading times... Also from Sweden (hardly any surprise!) 

GOREMENT - "Human Relic" demo from 1991
Grinding and putrid Death Metal a bit in the Xysma, Carcass, Disgrace, Carnage vein... Me likes!
"Live for today... tomorrow never comes".

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2017, 01:37:17 pm »
They sound really good... I have the band's previous album, which I liked a lot. Old school, down-tuned Swe-Death is the name of the game indeed...

Here's one of my favorites from the tape-trading times... Also from Sweden (hardly any surprise!) 

GOREMENT - "Human Relic" demo from 1991
Grinding and putrid Death Metal a bit in the Xysma, Carcass, Disgrace, Carnage vein... Me likes!
Nice!  I hadn't really gotten too far into Gorement yet, although I have come to find that their full-length "The Ending Quest" is considered a perfect death metal record.  I guess I've gotta spend some time listening to Gorement now.  Thanks for sharing that.

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2017, 01:48:55 pm »
Living with Disfigurement is a band whose lack of followers I find very surprising.  Their 2015 album which I picked up, called Posthumous Indignities is very solid!  Less than 500 views for this album video, and less than 10 views on each song individually on youtube.  I sometimes feel a need to help spread the word about bands like this.  You'd expect some noisy and low-fi goregrind with a band name like this, but what you actually get is very well executed death metal with impressive and clean guitar solos, and diverse vocals.  Do give this one a spin.  I've been enjoying it for a couple of years now. 

Listen:  Living With Disfigurement- Posthumous Indignities    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE6EipIB14E

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2017, 12:38:41 pm »
Autopsy are releasing their new EP called Puncturing the Grotesque on December 15th, and so far from what I can tell, it is solid work.  Autopsy are and have been in my top 5 bands for quite a long time now, so of course this EP will likely hit home with me.  This track has been receiving a lot of YouTube comments suggesting that this song points them in a Motorhead direction with its punky vibe, also perhaps more of an Abscess direction.  However you hear it, it is well worth the listen!  I'm going to be pre ordering this!

Listen:  Autopsy- "Puncturing the Grotesque"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqUkEU63uo

Offline Luxi

• Staff
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2017, 01:05:42 pm »
Autopsy are releasing their new EP called Puncturing the Grotesque on December 15th, and so far from what I can tell, it is solid work.  Autopsy are and have been in my top 5 bands for quite a long time now, so of course this EP will likely hit home with me.  This track has been receiving a lot of YouTube comments suggesting that this song points them in a Motorhead direction with its punky vibe, also perhaps more of an Abscess direction.  However you hear it, it is well worth the listen!  I'm going to be pre ordering this!

Listen:  Autopsy- "Puncturing the Grotesque"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqUkEU63uo

There should be a fresh Autopsy interview coming up for the site relatively soon, dealing with some specific details regarding this new Autopsy EP + other things as well... What a coincidence you mentioned them in this thread now.  :thumbup:

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2017, 11:56:42 am »
This year's release by Sinister has become one of my favorite records of the year, and definitely for me is one of their best albums in a long time.  Also, check out MetalMike's review:  http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/review.php?revid=9931

Considering how excited I was by the new band NeoCaesar, which features all ex-members of Sinister, I didn't expect to enjoy this new album so much.  Basically, Sinister and their former members have dominated the death metal scene for me this year. 

Check out this cool song, in which the band seems to explore even a Behemoth-esque sound:
Listen:  Sinister- Black Slithering Mass      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKu71k-0jB4

Offline Dragonchaser

• Staff
  • Ghost In The Ruins
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2017, 10:43:11 am »
Death metal is a genre I like to dip in and out of; it's particularly good during tough times. My favorite DM album is Necroticism by Carcass. I like all of their stuff, to be fair. Death had some cool albums back in the day, and you can't deny Altars Of Madness.

Like I said, during tough times, DM does the trick.

Offline Luxi

• Staff
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 09:36:55 am »
Here's some pretty obscure yet killer Death Metal from The Netherlands... DEATH SQUAD!!!

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2017, 01:14:01 pm »
Here's some pretty obscure yet killer Death Metal from The Netherlands... DEATH SQUAD!!!

Thanks for sharing.  I've already listened to this quite a bit since you posted it.  With the Netherlands' death metal scene seeming to be so closely tied to Sinister and Asphyx, it's cool to see another that were great that isn't connected to any of those.  Haha

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2017, 12:24:25 am »
Greece's Necrovorous have released a killer death metal album this year on Dark Descent Records.  Honestly, I have heard a lot of forgettable death metal albums this year, as well as a good amount of solid ones, and this is one of the most solid death metal records I've heard all year.  The band really knows how to write, and occasionally goes for the more epic and masculine direction, rather than the guttural and gross place that I tend to like my death metal (Exhumed, Haemophagus, etc).  Not gonna throw out a lot of descriptors, but definitely have a listen to this song, as it truly displays the awesome effects of their writing style.

Listen: Necrovorous- The Sun Has Risen in a Land I No Longer See  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsE882GJ2QI

Offline Luxi

• Staff
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2017, 03:23:22 am »
Greece's Necrovorous have released a killer death metal album this year on Dark Descent Records.  Honestly, I have heard a lot of forgettable death metal albums this year, as well as a good amount of solid ones, and this is one of the most solid death metal records I've heard all year.  The band really knows how to write, and occasionally goes for the more epic and masculine direction, rather than the guttural and gross place that I tend to like my death metal (Exhumed, Haemophagus, etc).  Not gonna throw out a lot of descriptors, but definitely have a listen to this song, as it truly displays the awesome effects of their writing style.

Listen: Necrovorous- The Sun Has Risen in a Land I No Longer See  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsE882GJ2QI

This was some great, fuckin' heavy shit... Thanks for recommending them here!  :thumbup:

How about Chicago's SINDROME (R.I.P.)? They were much more like a Thrash Metal band but had some proto Death Metal influences in their sound.

I just never get tired of listening their debut demo "Into the Halls of Extermination" from 1987. It's one of my favorite demos ever I must add...!!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:26:46 am by Luxi »

Offline Luxi

• Staff
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2017, 12:30:04 pm »
Here's Swedish Death Metal troopers DEGIAL's "Predator Reign" album for all of you who dig bands like Necrovore, Fallen Christ, Angelcorpse and Morbid Angel's "Abominations..." era.

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2017, 12:35:50 pm »
This was some great, fuckin' heavy shit... Thanks for recommending them here!  :thumbup:

How about Chicago's SINDROME (R.I.P.)? They were much more like a Thrash Metal band but had some proto Death Metal influences in their sound.

I just never get tired of listening their debut demo "Into the Halls of Extermination" from 1987. It's one of my favorite demos ever I must add...!!!
Sindrome sounded awesome!  I listened to that a few times since you posted.  You seem to know all the secrets!  This is why I love the underground thrash and death metal realm.  It is so full of gems like this.  Thanks for sharing.