Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Death Metal Thread  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Luxi

• Staff
  • "SADISTIC FUCKING INTENT!!!"
Re: Death Metal Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 01:50:14 pm »
... And just one more for today: FALLEN CHRIST - "Abduction Ritual" (1996 album)

In my honest opinion one of the most wicked and satanic Death Metal albums recorded in the history of Death Metal ever!!!  :super:
"Live for today... tomorrow never comes".

Offline PetrifiedNapkin

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 02:33:15 pm »
Nice thread.

I've been spinning mainly 2017 albums, so my Death Metal choices have been heavily dictated by new releases. For the past few weeks I've been listening to:

The King Is Blind - We are the Parasite, We are the Cancer
Overoth - The Forgotten Tome
Septicflesh - Codex Omega
Phyrron - What Passes for Survival
River of Souls - The Well of Urd
Paganizer - Land of Weeping Souls
Maat - Monuments Will Enslave

How is the new septic flesh? I've only heard Portrait of a headless man. Does it stack up to A Great Mass of Death?

Offline BrunoRedSox

• Staff
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 04:28:48 pm »
How is the new septic flesh? I've only heard Portrait of a headless man. Does it stack up to A Great Mass of Death?

I think it's on par with The Great Mass. I find it to be right on top of their discography, alongside The Great Mass and Sumerian Daemons, just a step below Communion. Fucking great album.
Metal is forever
In every Single matter
Metal is forever
Nations come together

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 05:06:31 pm »
I think it's on par with The Great Mass. I find it to be right on top of their discography, alongside The Great Mass and Sumerian Daemons, just a step below Communion. Fucking great album.

My favorite is still Ophidian Wheel

Offline Sirliftsalot48

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 08:04:27 pm »
I just recently started listening to Skeletal Remains after someone recommended it.  They have a very similar sound to Consuming Impulse era Pestilence, which is certainly a good thing to me.  Some other good bands that may not be unknown but I don't see mentioned very often include Adramelech, Monstrosity, Demigod, Seance, and Mithras (Progressive Death Metal). This thread is full of really good recommendations.   :headbang:

Offline ReignInBloodyGore

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 09:25:48 pm »
I just recently started listening to Skeletal Remains after someone recommended it.  They have a very similar sound to Consuming Impulse era Pestilence, which is certainly a good thing to me.  Some other good bands that may not be unknown but I don't see mentioned very often include Adramelech, Monstrosity, Demigod, Seance, and Mithras (Progressive Death Metal). This thread is full of really good recommendations.   :headbang:

I love Skeletal Remains, especially for their vocalist, who sounds a lot like John Tardy of Obituary, one of my favorite death metal vocalists.  Glad to see you enjoy some great acts like Monstrosity, Demigod, and Seance, among others. Have you ever listened to Gruesome's album called Savage Land?  It's my favorite metal album released in the last three years and for some reason based on your picks, I feel you'd like that album a ton. It's also my profile pic on here. Haha

Offline Sirliftsalot48

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2017, 10:20:15 pm »
I love Skeletal Remains, especially for their vocalist, who sounds a lot like John Tardy of Obituary, one of my favorite death metal vocalists.  Glad to see you enjoy some great acts like Monstrosity, Demigod, and Seance, among others. Have you ever listened to Gruesome's album called Savage Land?  It's my favorite metal album released in the last three years and for some reason based on your picks, I feel you'd like that album a ton. It's also my profile pic on here. Haha
I'm a huge fan of Death, so I really like Gruesome since they pick up where Leprosy left off.

Offline Luxi

• Staff
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2017, 11:32:49 pm »
I'm a huge fan of Death, so I really like Gruesome since they pick up where Leprosy left off.

Seconded.

Offline Mjölnir

• Hail to the Hammer
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2017, 11:37:36 pm »
There's this Finnish Band called Scum that I really enjoy.  I never got around to their debut, and their demo was a more straightforward grindy kind of affair, but Purple Dreams and Magic Poems, odd name aside, is one of those lost classics of the genre that sort of sounds like an odd mix of Amon Amarth, Entombed, and even Eternal Tears of Sorrow in places.  Their long lost third album, Garden of Shadows, was recently released on their Bandcamp (I think, it's definitely somewhere), and it's also a solid slab of Melodic Death Metal.  I recommend giving them a listen without hesitation.
Metal Always. Metal Only.

Offline Luxi

• Staff
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2017, 09:31:14 am »
Back in the day Swedes did rule in Death Metal...

:bow: CARNAGE's "Dark Recollections" is just sick 'n' heavy, C-R-U-S-H-I-N-G shit!!!

Offline BrunoRedSox

• Staff
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 11:44:23 am »
My favorite is still Ophidian Wheel

Oh yeah, that's one of their best, definitely!
Metal is forever
In every Single matter
Metal is forever
Nations come together

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2017, 01:05:38 pm »
If this wonderful song/music video is any indication of the quality of the rest of the album, Enragement have a great album worthy of checking out.  This song here treads some familiar territory, but the songwriting is unique, and I appreciate the variety in the vocals over the course of the track.  The end of the song feels epic.  Check out this band!  Might be in my top 2017 albums if the rest of it holds up to the quality of this song/video.

Enragement- "Blood for the Sun God" 
Listenhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViY3NkjR7_M

Offline Luxi

• Staff
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 12:07:19 am »
If this wonderful song/music video is any indication of the quality of the rest of the album, Enragement have a great album worthy of checking out.  This song here treads some familiar territory, but the songwriting is unique, and I appreciate the variety in the vocals over the course of the track.  The end of the song feels epic.  Check out this band!  Might be in my top 2017 albums if the rest of it holds up to the quality of this song/video.

EDIT: Wow... They indeed sound killer; downright heavy, brutal, menacing, etc. - and definitely impressive as hell! Need to check the band's follow-up album out soon... Wasn't that impressed by their debut album though.    
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:19:30 am by Luxi »

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2017, 01:39:49 pm »
This being a death metal thread, it seems appropriate to post about the new Cannibal Corpse material.  I'm not quite into this as I was a few years back.  However, I still love my older CC albums.  This one sounds like Cannibal Corpse, which I suppose isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't really stand out either in my opinion.  But here's the latest single that was released by Metal Blade.
Listen:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ee75jnP26U

This does bring me to a question though...I wonder of all the fans on this site, what are your favorite albums by Cannibal Corpse?
My top 3 are probably:
1. Gore Obsessed
2. The Wretched Spawn
3. Bloodthirst

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 02:00:23 pm »

Eh, not lighting me up.  Guitar sound is weak, riffs not really brutal enough.