Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Death Metal Thread  (Read 2122 times)

Offline ReignInBloodyGore

Death Metal Thread
« on: October 29, 2017, 04:35:58 pm »
Being that death metal is my favorite type of metal, I wanted to create a space for just death metal in which we can all post findings, favorites, and anything else death metal related.  I will be posting from time to time some of my favorite findings to share with you guys.  As with most metal genres, death metal is more than full of bands that don't stand out above the others, so I hope to help in sharing some of the better ones. 

Re: Death Metal Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 04:38:26 pm »
For my first post in this thread, I will share an album that has really kicked my ass this year!

Resurgency- No Worlds...Nor Gods Beyond (2017)
A lot of band names are thrown out in comparison to this band.  Often I see Morbid Angel's name thrown in.  There is much more to this band's sound than that, as you can hear some Deicide, Immolation, and much more.  Honestly, definitely going into my top 10 albums of the year list!
Check out a song here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDzwRHpV5Cw

Offline Uncle Daddy

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 05:43:25 pm »
I'm not a big death metal follower but The Chills by Horrendous has had a really hard time making it off my playlist for quite some time.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 06:07:53 pm »
I'm not a big death metal follower but The Chills by Horrendous has had a really hard time making it off my playlist for quite some time.

That's cool. I like honesty. I actually kind of figure that most people on here aren't that into death Metal, but I also won't be surprised if that's a false feeling.
The Chills is a solid album indeed!  I also thoroughly enjoyed the follow up, Ecdysis. They appeal to people to like that early Entombed sound with more melodic sense. Therefore, you might want to try out Morbus Chron.  I might place them in a similar category as Horrendous, especially for the more progressive swing they bring to death Metal.
Cheers!

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 08:02:01 pm »
Horrified's 2nd and 3rd albums are quite good.
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 08:46:53 pm »
Horrified's 2nd and 3rd albums are quite good.

I haven't listened to Horrified (Greece) or Horrified (UK).  Were you talking about them or were you also talking about Horrendous?

Either way, I now need to check out both bands Horrified. 

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 10:58:08 pm »
Right now I have been spinning:

Maat - Monuments to Enslave  Nile-styled tech Death
Phylactery - Necromancy Enthroned Really good Death/Thrash
Beneath - The Barren Throne
Aetheric - Serpents Beneath the Shrine Melodic Death with some great leads.

Offline Luxi

• Staff
  • "SADISTIC FUCKING INTENT!!!"
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 11:41:42 pm »
Nice thread.

Being a Finn that I am, I would like to recommend people to check Malicious out from my home turf!

They sound very much like Angelcorpse; wicked, fast & furious and brutally coming on our necks! Definitely a fuckin' kickass stuff...!!!  :super:

Just saw the band live playing here in Hell-sinki, Finland, this weekend - along with Exciter (Can), Venom Inc., Ranger, Bonehunter, Merciless (Swe), etc. What a sweet indoor Metal festival by the way!
"Live for today... tomorrow never comes".

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 12:22:12 am »
Nice thread.

Being a Finn that I am, I would like to recommend people to check Malicious out from my home turf!

They sound very much like Angelcorpse; wicked, fast & furious and brutally coming on our necks! Definitely a fuckin' kickass stuff...!!!  :super:

Just saw the band live playing here in Hell-sinki, Finland, this weekend - along with Exciter (Can), Venom Inc., Ranger, Bonehunter, Merciless (Swe), etc. What a sweet indoor Metal festival by the way!

Yeah man!  I found Malicious a few months back and fell in love.  That Angelcorpse comparison is great.  I also feel a bit of Morbid Angel in their sound.  Great band.  One of my favorite finds of this year. 

Offline Luxi

• Staff
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 02:53:26 am »
Another pretty cool Finnish Death Metal act below...  :thumbup:

PURTENANCE - "In the End Only Death Will Remain"

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 06:51:55 am »
I haven't listened to Horrified (Greece) or Horrified (UK).  Were you talking about them or were you also talking about Horrendous?

Either way, I now need to check out both bands Horrified.

UK
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

Offline BrunoRedSox

• Staff
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 07:35:02 am »
Nice thread.

I've been spinning mainly 2017 albums, so my Death Metal choices have been heavily dictated by new releases. For the past few weeks I've been listening to:

The King Is Blind - We are the Parasite, We are the Cancer
Overoth - The Forgotten Tome
Septicflesh - Codex Omega
Phyrron - What Passes for Survival
River of Souls - The Well of Urd
Paganizer - Land of Weeping Souls
Maat - Monuments Will Enslave
Metal is forever
In every Single matter
Metal is forever
Nations come together

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 12:16:29 pm »
Nice thread.

I've been spinning mainly 2017 albums, so my Death Metal choices have been heavily dictated by new releases. For the past few weeks I've been listening to:

The King Is Blind - We are the Parasite, We are the Cancer
Overoth - The Forgotten Tome
Septicflesh - Codex Omega
Phyrron - What Passes for Survival
River of Souls - The Well of Urd
Paganizer - Land of Weeping Souls
Maat - Monuments Will Enslave

This is precisely one of the reasons I wanted a thread on here for death metal.  I have not heard any of those releases, although I've been aiming to listen to Maat for a while now.  So many death metal releases this year it's hard to catch them all!

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2017, 12:21:15 pm »
Coming out December 5th is the first album from a brand new band called Neocaesar, called "11:11." 
This band is calling my attention because of the unique quality that all of its members are ex-Sinister members.  So basically, these guys are Sinister 2.0.  And I think so far this album is sounding better than Sinister's release from earlier this year!  Check out this song, "From Hell," which captures that brutal and chaotic magic of earlier Sinister.  Especially glad about the vocalist being the same vocalist from Cross the Styx.
Listen:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVZFw9H7oQ

Offline Luxi

• Staff
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2017, 01:41:47 pm »
Anyone remember Swedish LUCIFERION, and specifically their brilliant debut album "Demonication (The Manifest)" from 1994?

Fans of DEICIDE's first 3 albums should surely check this album out...!!!