Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Photos from True Metal America - July 21, 2006 Clifton, NJ  (Read 10503 times)

Offline MetalCrypt

• Administrator
    • The Metal Crypt
Photos from True Metal America - July 21, 2006 Clifton, NJ
« on: July 28, 2006, 02:53:21 PM »
I couldn't post this here earlier this week, for obvious reasons...

I went to Clifton, NJ on Friday (that's very close to NYC, for those not familiar with the place) for the first True Metal America show.  The bands playing were:

Midnight Angel
Attacker
Elixir (from England, first time in North America)
Halloween

Magus Beast were supposed to play, but the drummer has an injury or something (I don't have the exact story.)  Short "review" is that all bands kicked ass, especially Attacker and Halloween.  Unfortunately the crowd wasn't very large (although Attacker and Halloween had a lot more people than the other two), but then again it's not a very large venue.  I'd like to thank the owners for having air conditioning in that place, otherwise we'd all be dead.

Anyway, I took a few pictures.  Unfortunately, my digital camera started acting up - I had two sets of batteries but apparently they were both in their dying moments.  I wanted more pics of Halloween but the camera wouldn't work anymore.  Freaky moment, instead of the battery light flashing, it said "Flash Card error", which made me worry that I had lost all my pics.  Anyway, there's 56 pics for you to see at: http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/metalcrypt666/True%20Metal%20America-July%2021%202006/

Ulysses

Re: Photos from True Metal America - July 21, 2006 Clifton, NJ
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 04:52:20 PM »
I'd kill to see ATTACKER and HALLOWEEN live, those bands are simply amazing! Thanks for the pictures, really cool.  :thumbup:

Offline MetalCrypt

• Administrator
    • The Metal Crypt
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 05:19:08 PM »
Incidentally they're the ones that kicked ass the most, although Elixir definitely weren't far behind.  It was well worth the drive.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 08:44:06 PM »
Great pictures, Michel!!  It was great seeing you again!  I think I am now the biggest Elixir fan in the US - is it wrong to want to go to the UK to see them?  Is that too far to travel for a band?  ;)

Offline MetalCrypt

• Administrator
    • The Metal Crypt
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 09:10:51 PM »
Great pictures, Michel!!  It was great seeing you again!  I think I am now the biggest Elixir fan in the US - is it wrong to want to go to the UK to see them?  Is that too far to travel for a band?  ;)

Funny you ask that - While waiting for the doors to open, I was outside with Mark from Overlorde and one of his lady friends, and she mentioned that she once flew to Germany just for one show.  So I guess it's OK. :lol  In fact it seems she travels quite a bit for shows.

Offline Mouse

• Johnny, do you play baseball?
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 01:55:20 PM »
If I had the cash..Id follow King  Diamond everywere :bow:..so no..Its not a bad thing..Im kinda obsessed..

Duh, you think? :lol
I have testicles

Penguin

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 08:30:49 PM »
If I had the cash..Id follow King  Diamond everywere :bow:..so no..Its not a bad thing..Im kinda obsessed..

Duh, you think? :lol

Nothing wrong with being obsessed with a band - I once flew 3,000 miles from NY to San Francisco to see a band - this will be my first time leaving the country - but it will be for the British Steel Festival!! All those NWOBHM bands - how could I 'not' go ?  Ok so I'll be in debt for the rest of my life..... :roll: