Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Current Videogame  (Read 171769 times)

Offline BrunoRedSox

• Staff
Re: Current Videogame
« Reply #975 on: December 21, 2016, 06:31:58 AM »
I really enjoyed Uncharted 4, even though I was never what you'd call a fan of the series.  An amazingly polished experience.

Loved Uncharted 4. It became my favorite game of the series, as I love pirate history. Very polished, indeed.

I'm about 35 hours in playing Final Fantasy XV (on the PS4Pro). So far, it's been a pleasure experience, but the history is not that good, and it often doesn't feel like a FF game at all. Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun.
Metal is forever
In every Single matter
Metal is forever
Nations come together

Offline ReignInBloodyGore

« Reply #976 on: January 28, 2017, 01:45:07 AM »
Currently in that awkward stage where I just finished Skyrim, and nothing feels right anymore. 

-I've just tried out Journey, and got bored, but got an hour into it, so I should probably finish it but I don't really feel like finishing it...

-I have a bunch of other indie games to try, but not feeling any of them.  Considering starting "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture" but again, it's not Skyrim, so I don't know if I can dig it right now...

-I have Titanfall 2, but again, Skyrim killed it...

-There is the Witcher 3, which I bought a long time ago and never tried...but it's too big and I'll probably just end up missing Skyrim...

-I've been playing a few rounds of Dead or Alive 5, and it's somewhat holding me over because it is fast and doesn't involve many hours.  But it doesn't hold my attention for long.

It's not that I am just lame when it comes to choosing what game to play.  But I just started and finished Skyrim for the first time, and it made nearly everything I've played prior to it seem uninteresting.  Hahaha! 

I am sure I'll settle on a game sooner or later.  I'm just in that awful post-Skyrim slump...

Offline Eternal_Sorrow

« Reply #977 on: January 28, 2017, 04:05:00 AM »
Currently in that awkward stage where I just finished Skyrim, and nothing feels right anymore. 

-I've just tried out Journey, and got bored, but got an hour into it, so I should probably finish it but I don't really feel like finishing it...

-I have a bunch of other indie games to try, but not feeling any of them.  Considering starting "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture" but again, it's not Skyrim, so I don't know if I can dig it right now...

-There is the Witcher 3, which I bought a long time ago and never tried...but it's too big and I'll probably just end up missing Skyrim...

-I've been playing a few rounds of Dead or Alive 5, and it's somewhat holding me over because it is fast and doesn't involve many hours.  But it doesn't hold my attention for long.

It's not that I am just lame when it comes to choosing what game to play.  But I just started and finished Skyrim for the first time, and it made nearly everything I've played prior to it seem uninteresting.  Hahaha! 

I am sure I'll settle on a game sooner or later.  I'm just in that awful post-Skyrim slump...

Im the exact opposite, i thought Skyrim was overly long and boring as hell... the combat sucked all hell and ruined the immersion and after about 8 hours i just hacked it all and killed everything lol

You should seriously play The Witcher 3, its waaaay better and waaay more polished then Skyrim is.  Much better combat and more engaging story as well.

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #978 on: January 28, 2017, 04:56:42 AM »

Dark Souls 2 and 3 kind of revived RPGs for me after Skyrim left me feeling pretty much like you do. Challenging as hell but very very rewarding.

« Reply #979 on: January 28, 2017, 10:10:59 AM »
Dark Souls 2 and 3 kind of revived RPGs for me after Skyrim left me feeling pretty much like you do. Challenging as hell but very very rewarding.

Actually, I'm a Dark Souls fiend.  Haha!  I've beaten every entry in the series, including Demon Souls, at least five times.  It's my favorite game series.  And because I love the strategic combat, this game has also ruined many other games for me as well.  I've probably beaten the third Dark Souls 9 times now.

So yeah, excellent suggestion. I just happen to have already done it. Haha :)

« Reply #980 on: January 28, 2017, 10:13:07 AM »
Im the exact opposite, i thought Skyrim was overly long and boring as hell... the combat sucked all hell and ruined the immersion and after about 8 hours i just hacked it all and killed everything lol

You should seriously play The Witcher 3, its waaaay better and waaay more polished then Skyrim is.  Much better combat and more engaging story as well.

I definitely know what you mean about combat and all. I wasn't immediately hooked, but I had only played Dark Souls games for a good year or two, so I was starved for something with a story and Skyrim gave me tons of stories. I agree that the story wasn't that engaging and the combat wasn't that special, but it was fun being a mate. Haha. I might pop in Witcher.

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #981 on: January 28, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Offline Omni

• Staff
  • But, what ends when the symbols shatter?
« Reply #982 on: February 02, 2017, 09:33:53 PM »
I'm currently finishing up the 3DS version Dragon Quest VII in preparation to start the 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII.  :wub:

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #983 on: February 03, 2017, 06:11:24 PM »
DOOOOOOM

god I loved that game, not stop action

Resident Evil HD

Finished my game with Jill on easy (thought I was on medium) and finished with Chris on Hard and by god that was hard. You really have to memorizes where the zombies will be and the way they turn or else you're dead. Kept passing by them to conserve ammo.

Resident Evil Revelations 2

It's good, love the story, settings are scary but again with another village gets infected like RE 4 and 5 (this time Russians) Haven't finished it yet, I'm at the end of the Claire run on Episode 3. Every episode is cut in half. You play with Claire for about 1 hour then switch to Barry for another hour or so to finished the episode.

Limbo

Only playing it for the trophies, okay game.

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #984 on: February 09, 2017, 10:38:42 PM »
The Order: 1886

Gorgeous game, a bit sluggy and old-fashioned.  Fun though.

Offline Eternal_Sorrow

« Reply #985 on: February 10, 2017, 06:15:20 AM »
The Order: 1886

Gorgeous game, a bit sluggy and old-fashioned.  Fun though.

Is it bad as the reviews pegged it to be? I skipped it because of them.

Speaking of gorgeous games i finally gave Uncharted 4 a whirl and god damn, best graphics ever pretty much.

Also playing FF15, and while the combat is a tad shallow its a pretty damn good game i feel some of the hate it gets is unwarranted.

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #986 on: February 10, 2017, 01:38:59 PM »
Is it bad as the reviews pegged it to be? I skipped it because of them.

It's not bad, it's just got uninspired gameplay.  Cover-based shooting, lots of QT events.  The gunplay is pretty solid, and it's got a great look and real polish to the game world.  Good voice-acting, good facial animations.  It's just one of those games that's trying to be a movie a little too much, using gameplay conventions from 10 years ago.  I'm finding the story enjoyable, so I'm still playing.

Offline Eternal_Sorrow

« Reply #987 on: February 10, 2017, 08:39:23 PM »
It's not bad, it's just got uninspired gameplay.  Cover-based shooting, lots of QT events.  The gunplay is pretty solid, and it's got a great look and real polish to the game world.  Good voice-acting, good facial animations.  It's just one of those games that's trying to be a movie a little too much, using gameplay conventions from 10 years ago.  I'm finding the story enjoyable, so I'm still playing.

Good to know i may pick it up when im done with uncharted.

Offline RichardRG

« Reply #988 on: February 10, 2017, 10:50:02 PM »
Dragon Quest VIII

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #989 on: February 11, 2017, 05:18:47 AM »
Bloodborne. Fucking fuck. This is way harder than Dark Souls.