Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Current Videogame  (Read 157411 times)

Offline Mouse

• Johnny, do you play baseball?
Re: Current Videogame
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 09:39:05 AM »
Hooked on both Dead Space and Dead Space 2 for PS3.Great bonus stuff on there.! I have to restart the whole game though.Im at a part with no ammo and the buggers keep coming.Good thing I have all the downloadable upgrades so I can breeze through next time..hopefully.
I have testicles

Offline The Protagonist

• "Every muscle tensed to fence the enemy within."
    • Black Wind Metal
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »
Sports games are for fags.

:lol

I don't think I know any more-than-casual-interest gamers who play sports games.
Your friendly neighborhood power metal afficionado ;)

Offline Chris Foley

• Staff
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 11:18:57 AM »

This.

Hooked on both Dead Space and Dead Space 2 for PS3.Great bonus stuff on there.! I have to restart the whole game though.Im at a part with no ammo and the buggers keep coming.Good thing I have all the downloadable upgrades so I can breeze through next time..hopefully.

I have the first one, real enjoyable game. Good blend of Resident Evil, Event Horizon and a spot of Bioshock. I won't lie though, the game scared the shit out of me numerous times.
STARBORN - Taking power metal to the streets.
https://www.facebook.com/starbornpower

Offline hermer the metallian

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 11:30:47 AM »

So true.  :lol

Anyways, right now i'm playing Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam, trying to get the Onslaught achievements and in the next days i'll be playing Gears of War 2 just to be prepared when Microsoft releases the beta for Gears 3. Also, i've been thinking of buying Brink or L.A. Noire but still undecided.

Offline Mouse

• Johnny, do you play baseball?
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 01:38:28 PM »
Yeah..Dead Space really freaks me out.!
I have testicles

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 03:46:09 PM »
Favourtie games from this generation so far is:

Dead Space 1 (Haven't played the second yet)
Fallout 3 (Fallout New Vegas keeps freezing to much so I don't play it)
Uncharted 2: Among Theives (It's just incredible, from the storytelling to the gameplay WOW)
Metal Gear Solid 4

Games finished this generation:
Dead Space, Fallout 3, Uncharted 1 and 2, MTGS 4, God of War 3, Assassin Creed 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Borderlands, Bioshock 1 and 2, Bayonnetta, Redisend Evil 5, Silent Hill Homecoming, Prince Of Persia, Heavy Rain

Games not yet finished:
Grand Theft Auto 4, Sacred 2:Fallen Angel, Brutal Legend, Final Fantasy XIII (I'm at the last boss for more than a year), White Knight Chronicle, Assassin Creed 1, Star Ocean International, Oblivion, Dragon Age 1, Fallout: New Vegas.

Games that I can't wait to play:
Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, The Last Guardian, Red Dead Redemption, Batman 2, Silent Hill: Downpour, Uncharted 3.

I have many hours of gaming ahead lol I'm glad I don't live with my girlfriend yet haha

Offline Jan

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »
Not playing all that much - but are rather keen on Trackmania Nations.  (Free - ultra cool arcade racer game with some wild tracks and online gameplay - recommende if you like some non-realistic racing action...)
www.last.fm/user/jansh6
bandcamp.com/Jan_sh

Offline Chris Foley

• Staff
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »
Favourtie games from this generation so far is:

Dead Space 1 (Haven't played the second yet)
Fallout 3 (Fallout New Vegas keeps freezing to much so I don't play it)
Uncharted 2: Among Theives (It's just incredible, from the storytelling to the gameplay WOW)
Metal Gear Solid 4

Games finished this generation:
Dead Space, Fallout 3, Uncharted 1 and 2, MTGS 4, God of War 3, Assassin Creed 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Borderlands, Bioshock 1 and 2, Bayonnetta, Redisend Evil 5, Silent Hill Homecoming, Prince Of Persia, Heavy Rain

Games not yet finished:
Grand Theft Auto 4, Sacred 2:Fallen Angel, Brutal Legend, Final Fantasy XIII (I'm at the last boss for more than a year), White Knight Chronicle, Assassin Creed 1, Star Ocean International, Oblivion, Dragon Age 1, Fallout: New Vegas.

Games that I can't wait to play:
Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, The Last Guardian, Red Dead Redemption, Batman 2, Silent Hill: Downpour, Uncharted 3.

I have many hours of gaming ahead lol I'm glad I don't live with my girlfriend yet haha

That's a shame about New Vegas, I've heard a lot of people complaining about freezing and bugs; completely put me off buying, although I do need more Fallout in my life! Fallout 3 was superb though, I just finished my master file on the game.  :D

I haven't finished Final Fantasy XIII either, I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with the game.

I'm certainly looking forward to The Last Guardian as well, looks very promising from what I've seen.
STARBORN - Taking power metal to the streets.
https://www.facebook.com/starbornpower

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 05:26:46 PM »

That's a shame about New Vegas, I've heard a lot of people complaining about freezing and bugs; completely put me off buying, although I do need more Fallout in my life! Fallout 3 was superb though, I just finished my master file on the game.  :D

About New Vegas, I got like 100 hours on it but with at leats 300 freezes. It's like I'm supposed to save every 10 meters I'm walking. I put it on last week and the moment I was able to play I walked around the NCR camp for 10 seconds it froze. So it's back on the shelve.

Next Fallout game I'm going to wait until the GOTY edition comes out. Why hurry to buy a game when it's going to have the GOTY edition, it pissed me off. Those that bought the original when it came out should be able to exchange it for free.

Like Dragon Age 1. I bought it at 29,99 not knowing that one week after the Deluxe Edition would be at 59,99$. That's with the Orignal Game, Awakening + all 7 DLC!!!. But they exchange it for me because I still had my bill :D

Offline Organ Machine

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 06:09:40 PM »

I actually didn't find that it crashed too much (xbox version), as far as bugs... Well, it's about what you'd expect given the same shitty engine Bethesda has been using since Oblivion.  The things that bother me about it are more just bad design decisions.  The biggest one for me is that the city of New Vegas itself is just boring as hell.  Wandering around in the wasteland is way more rewarding, and Fallout 3 did that better.  That's not to say it isn't worth playing, but it has some frustrations. 

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 07:11:26 PM »
The biggest one for me is that the city of New Vegas itself is just boring as hell.  Wandering around in the wasteland is way more rewarding, and Fallout 3 did that better.  . 

One of my dissapointment from the Mojave Wasteland was that you could only walk in the middle of the map, you couldn't wander near the edge of the map because of those big ass mountain. So for me the Mojave was smaller than Fallout 3.

Offline The Protagonist

• "Every muscle tensed to fence the enemy within."
    • Black Wind Metal
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2011, 07:56:56 PM »
All points about New Vegas are well taken. I never have had the freezing issue myself, but Bethesda is notorious for glitching. I remember a part of the VATS sequence in Fallout 3, when firing the railgun, that the game would freeze at every single time.

In general though, I found the missions a bit more rewarding and interesting than Fallout 3.
Your friendly neighborhood power metal afficionado ;)

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2011, 09:21:42 PM »
He wants a Japanese Role Playing game that is similar to older titles in the Final Fantasy series (probably the most popular series in that genre). JRPGs are usually distinguished from other RPGs by being from Japan (duh), having turn based combat (each person in a battle attacks in a set order with a chosen action), and having androgynous, adolescent main characters that fight with over-sized weapons. It's a pretty shallow genre that has been stagnant for the last decade or so, which is what he's talking about when he mentions the hackneyed setting.  

Much obliged!   :cheers:
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

Offline nitinnsk

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 02:17:33 AM »

Fags????Whatever,but I love football(the soccer one) and cannot actually play it,so a virtual thing does it for me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:22:36 AM by nitinnsk »
We Rock.

Offline Warhammer

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 09:35:16 AM »
Fags????Whatever,but I love football(the soccer one) and cannot actually play it,so a virtual thing does it for me.

I play EA FIFA 11 so that must make me a fag too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:41:39 AM by Warhammer »