Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Current Videogame  (Read 157410 times)

Offline Dragonchaser

• Staff
  • Ghost In The Ruins
Re: Current Videogame
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 08:15:35 AM »
I've grown out of games big time, but the last one I played with any seriousness was Batman: Arkham Asylum on the Xbox. I enjoyed it, actually, more than I thought.

Offline The Protagonist

• "Every muscle tensed to fence the enemy within."
    • Black Wind Metal
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »
I've grown out of games big time, but the last one I played with any seriousness was Batman: Arkham Asylum on the Xbox. I enjoyed it, actually, more than I thought.

I used to be a pretty avid video gamer, but I'm very touch-and-go nowadays. I have a Wii and an Xbox 360 that more or less gather dust at this point. I tend to play PC stuff since with Steam, it's so much cheaper. Plus I'm always in front of the computer anyways. I missed the DotA craze, but am pretty hooked on League of Legends, it's been my only consistently-played game over the past few months, with a game a day or so.

Big fan of the Fallout series here, I've played all of them, and just finished New Vegas not too long ago. As a Bethesda fan though, I'm really looking forward to Skyrim, since I still go back to Oblivion and even Morrowind more often than I care to admit.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:16:38 AM by The Protagonist »
Your friendly neighborhood power metal afficionado ;)

Offline Dragonchaser

• Staff
  • Ghost In The Ruins
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 10:04:26 AM »
I used to really enjoy the stories in RPGs but then I just started reading more.  :p

Offline The Protagonist

• Black Wind Metal
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 10:17:25 AM »
I used to really enjoy the stories in RPGs but then I just started reading more.  :p

For story in RPGs, you can only really play older ones. My favorites by far being the Baldur's Gate series by Black Isle.

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »
It's about time this thread got started.   :cheers:

:cheers: cheers to you too :P

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »
Finishing Dragon Age 2

How is it? I've got like 150 hours on the first. I bought the Special Edition with all the Extras and Awakening on the same disc.

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
I'm dying for a real JRPG in the vein of the old FF series, no more Ultra High Tech planets ou vehicules. I'm on the last boss in FFXIII and I haven't been able to kill him in 1 year...

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 09:45:32 PM »
I'm dying for a real JRPG in the vein of the old FF series, no more Ultra High Tech planets ou vehicules. I'm on the last boss in FFXIII and I haven't been able to kill him in 1 year...

Anyone care to translate that into English for us non gamers?
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

Offline The Protagonist

• Black Wind Metal
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »

Have you played Eternal Sonata? I recommend it.

Offline Warhammer

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 11:59:45 PM »
here is old Nintendo music I came across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DazBEPpDPIY&feature=related

:headbang:

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 02:04:05 AM »
How is it? I've got like 150 hours on the first. I bought the Special Edition with all the Extras and Awakening on the same disc.

The mechanics, engine, and graphics have all been improved, and the dialogue and voice acting is still excellent, but the story is not as epic and the game is much smaller in scope, also it doesn't seem like the narrative is as changeable, and you have less influence over the outcome.

Offline KevO

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 02:07:07 AM »
Anyone care to translate that into English for us non gamers?

He wants a Japanese Role Playing game that is similar to older titles in the Final Fantasy series (probably the most popular series in that genre). JRPGs are usually distinguished from other RPGs by being from Japan (duh), having turn based combat (each person in a battle attacks in a set order with a chosen action), and having androgynous, adolescent main characters that fight with over-sized weapons. It's a pretty shallow genre that has been stagnant for the last decade or so, which is what he's talking about when he mentions the hackneyed setting.  

Offline Agis

• Metal is Forever
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 06:09:41 AM »
I had to cut on my videogame playing to concentrate on my guitar and bass playing. I suck at it, but it's more fun. However, I'm playing Batman Lego with my wife and some Buzz  :roll:  at the family gatherings.
There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child.

Offline nitinnsk

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 07:43:56 AM »
FIFA and PES 11,anyone??
We Rock.

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 08:48:59 AM »
FIFA and PES 11,anyone??

Sports games are for fags.