Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Current Videogame  (Read 157042 times)

Offline metaldomdom

Current Videogame
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »
As in Current Reads and Playlist, why not Videogames. I don't know if there's alot of gamers here but we'll soon find out.

I'm currently playing Xenogears on PS3.

I rented that game in 1998 and it was always freezing at the same point in the same battle, even after renting from 5 different copies. Same thing happened when I rented Brave Fencer Musashi. I remember somebody at a videogame store telling it was because I had a chip for playing copies.

And please, this thread isn't about which console is better than the other.

Offline Joseph Allen

Re: Current Videogame
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »
If I'm playing a game, it's almost always either some Guitar Hero game or Gears of War 2 over the weekend.
"I've finally trained myself to sleep with my eyes open...God, I'm tired."

Offline Warhammer

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:15:22 PM »
Dawn of War 2 - Retribution and Shogun 2 Total War. Both Kick ass games featuring WAR! These games have good single player and multiplayer aspects. Highly recommended, but you need a PC with gusto to get the good shiny graphics.

Offline The Protagonist

• "Every muscle tensed to fence the enemy within."
    • Black Wind Metal
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:50:23 PM »
Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft

Minecraft.

This game assaulted me last weekend and I haven't been able to stop playing it since. This isn't typical for me, but something about it is charming as all heck and building little block fortresses has never been so much fun. :P
Your friendly neighborhood power metal afficionado ;)

Offline Sirliftsalot48

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »
I just finished up Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.  I really liked it.  A good deal for $15 new.  Then I got Grid.  I almost smashed a controller over that one.  So I traded it in for Borderlands Game of the Year Edition.  I love it.  I've been playing it almost non-stop.  Reminds me a lot of Fall Out 3 and New Vegas.  It was only $20 new too.  Gamestop is having a really good sale right now.  It's about time this thread got started.   :cheers:

Offline The Protagonist

• Black Wind Metal
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 10:28:34 PM »
I just finished up Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.  I really liked it.  A good deal for $15 new.  Then I got Grid.  I almost smashed a controller over that one.  So I traded it in for Borderlands Game of the Year Edition.  I love it.  I've been playing it almost non-stop.  Reminds me a lot of Fall Out 3 and New Vegas.  It was only $20 new too.  Gamestop is having a really good sale right now.  It's about time this thread got started.   :cheers:

Borderlands is a great game. Probably one of my favorites of...2009 was it? Great coop multiplayer experience in it, and I love the randomization of weapons.

Offline Menternor

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 11:38:38 PM »
Over the last few months, I've only played Defenders of the Ancients (DOTA), which is a custom map for Warcraft 3, and any game I can find from the Half Life franchise. That's enough to keep me entertained and to not have an effect in my university's exams  :p

Offline The Protagonist

• Black Wind Metal
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 12:09:39 AM »
Over the last few months, I've only played Defenders of the Ancients (DOTA), which is a custom map for Warcraft 3, and any game I can find from the Half Life franchise. That's enough to keep me entertained and to not have an effect in my university's exams  :p

You've played DotA, have you played League of Legends at all?

Offline Menternor

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 12:21:44 AM »
Yes, but for some reason it doesn't appeal to me that much, even if they are very alike.

Offline KevO

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 12:47:31 AM »

Good to see another DOTA fan on the boards!

On topic, I just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. Great game, dont know why it took me this long to play it.

Offline Feoreunn

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 04:33:51 AM »
Just went through a Painkiller-phase, with Battle Out Of Hell, Overdose and Resurrection.

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 05:28:36 AM »
Finishing Dragon Age 2 for the second time, thinking about maybe replaying Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Offline Lord John

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 05:36:37 AM »
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY. 

Seriously awesome game PLUS it was $7.50 US on Steam.  (Which was even less in AU dollars.)  I'm on my second playthrough, now on the hardest difficulty.  The amount of bonus content is great too and the combat and stealth is by far the highlight of the game.

It certainly isn't a kiddie game and has pretty gory scenes.  I certainly recommend this game. 

Offline Chris Foley

• Staff
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 06:21:44 AM »
Just got my platinum trophy on Fallout 3, can't afford a new game at the minute so aiming to platinum InFamous next.
STARBORN - Taking power metal to the streets.
https://www.facebook.com/starbornpower

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 06:27:15 AM »
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY. 

Seriously awesome game PLUS it was $7.50 US on Steam.  (Which was even less in AU dollars.)  I'm on my second playthrough, now on the hardest difficulty.  The amount of bonus content is great too and the combat and stealth is by far the highlight of the game.

It certainly isn't a kiddie game and has pretty gory scenes.  I certainly recommend this game. 

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the sequel.