Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Recent shows  (Read 162496 times)

Offline RichardRG

Re: Recent shows
« Reply #615 on: December 07, 2016, 02:25:20 am »
Saw Dark Tranquillity/Swallow the Sun/Enforcer/Starkill last night (Dec. 5) and Epica/Fleshgod Apocalypse/Arkona/The Agonist a couple weeks ago (Nov. 25). Next I'm gonna try to see Katatonia in March...

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #616 on: December 16, 2016, 06:10:09 am »
Saw the Grand Magus/Behemoth/Amon Amarth show last night. GM were awesome, love seeing a trio like that on stage. Sound was good and they more or less played a hit parade and sped everything up a little. Got a shirt signed and spoke with the guys after their show.

Behemoth was fucking ridiculous. Played for about an hour and people were either going nuts or having to pick their jaw up from the floor. Skillwise probably the most impressive show I've seen, and the intensity was extreme. One hour left me exhausted.

Amon Amarth was good, but 100 minutes was maybe a tad overlong, and they played several songs that can be regarded as fillers. Other than that fun as fuck and lots to drink and sing along to. Never managed to top Behemoth though.

Offline RichardRG

« Reply #617 on: January 13, 2017, 08:51:16 pm »
The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess - Master Quest last week. One of the most epic and majestic concerts I've ever been to.

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #618 on: February 07, 2017, 06:50:13 pm »
Aborted, Soilwork, Stopultura, Kreator tonight.

Never heard Aborted before. They were tight as hell and brutal. Much fun. Soilwork disappointed me a lot. I kind of like some of their new shit, but their vocalist and stand-in drummer sucked ass live. I wish Sepultura would just call it quits. What a fucking embarassment. People are following them around for this tour and are getting absolutely ripped off. One song from Beneath the Remains and the rest was just their newer era nu-metal garbage that left everyone feeling disgusted. They even cut their set 20 minutes short because the crowd never got into it. Well no wonder. Fucking moneygrabbers. At least Kreator still very much enjoy what they're doing. Could've done with more old stuff, but as long as I get Flag of Hate, Extreme Aggression, Pleasure to Kill and in total 90 minutes of ass-kickery on a tuesday evening, I'm happy. They even got a normally tame Norwegian crowd going.

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #619 on: March 26, 2017, 06:10:25 pm »
Sabaton and Accept tonight. Accept rocked. I like maybe 4-5 songs off of Sabatons latest releases but damn they can put on a show. 90 minutes hit parade. Very entertaining and the crowd was going nuts. Nice way to start the week

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #620 on: May 19, 2017, 08:01:04 am »
Insomnium and Wolfheart a couple of weeks back. Wolfheart were cool. Insomnium as well but they were raped by poor sound. Also lead guitarist: Stay sober.

Offline Duffman

« Reply #621 on: July 08, 2017, 08:03:14 pm »
Primordial last night in Sydney. Did not disappoint.

Where Greater Men Have Fallen
No Grave Deep Enough
Autumn's Ablaze
Gods to the Godless
Gallows Hymn
Babel's Tower
As Rome Burns
Sons of the Morrigan
Bloodied Yet Unbowed
The Burning Season
The Coffin Ships
Wield Lightning to Split the Sun
Heathen Tribes
Empire Falls

Offline Sirliftsalot48

« Reply #622 on: July 09, 2017, 07:58:44 am »

No Grave Deep Enough
Autumn's Ablaze
Gods to the Godless
Gallows Hymn
Babel's Tower
As Rome Burns
Sons of the Morrigan
Bloodied Yet Unbowed
The Burning Season
The Coffin Ships
Heathen Tribes
Empire Falls
That's an excellent setlist. Was their set 2 hours long?

Saw Gorguts a week or so ago.  They played something from each album and sounded amazing.

Offline Duffman

« Reply #623 on: July 10, 2017, 02:25:28 am »
That's an excellent setlist. Was their set 2 hours long?

Yes, got on stage at 11pm and finished up at 1am.

Offline Eternal_Sorrow

« Reply #624 on: July 10, 2017, 08:47:18 pm »

No Grave Deep Enough
Autumn's Ablaze
Gods to the Godless
Gallows Hymn
Babel's Tower
As Rome Burns
Sons of the Morrigan
Bloodied Yet Unbowed
The Burning Season
The Coffin Ships
Heathen Tribes
Empire Falls

Man i need to see these guys again, still the best live performance ive ever seen!

Offline BrunoRedSox

• Staff
« Reply #625 on: July 14, 2017, 08:19:09 am »
I saw one of my bucket-list bands for the first time in June, 25th: King Diamond. It was a festival with some shitty bands like Lamb of God and Heaven Shall Burn but it also had Carcass in the middle. King played Abigail in its entirety, and it was one of the most awesome experiences of my life. Carcass was good too.

Setlist:

The Wizard
Out from the Asylum
Welcome Home
Sleepless Nights
Halloween
Eye of the Witch
Melissa
Come to the Sabbath
"Them"

Funeral
Arrival
A Mansion in Darkness
The Family Ghost
The 7th Day of July 1777
Omens
The Possession
Abigail
Black Horsemen
Insanity
Metal is forever
In every Single matter
Metal is forever
Nations come together

Offline Mystophales

• Staff
« Reply #626 on: July 16, 2017, 09:02:19 am »
Radio Moscow on the 7th of July and Iron Maiden on the 9th of July.

If you don't know Radio Moscow they play a psychedelic rock/blues hybrid and lead singer and lead guitarist Parker Griggs absolutely shreds on guitar. As good as their albums are their live performance is even more amazing. It was at the 80/35 festival in downtown Des Moines on one of the free stages which made it even better. Started out with only about 50-75 people but as others heard Parker's guitar work others took notice. By the end of their set I would put a conservative estimate of about 500 people cheering for an encore.

Iron Maiden is Iron Maiden and they never disappoint. Just another great show. Setlist included Wrathchild, Powerslave and surprisingly, Children of the Damned. Unfortunately no Hallowed be thy Name though. If they were to play everyone's favorite however the show would be 4 hours long which I would be a fan of but with the way Bruce runs around I'm guessing he would probably be close to death by the end...:)

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #627 on: July 16, 2017, 09:33:34 am »
Maiden are currently (it may be over, this is the most recent thing a quick search turned up) being sued over the lyrics in "Hallowed Be Thy Name" so they can't play it live until that is settled.

http://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-legal-dispute-hallowed-be-thy-name-the-nomad/
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

Offline Mystophales

• Staff
« Reply #628 on: July 16, 2017, 02:12:02 pm »
Heard about that. Seems someone has already sued them once years ago and they settled but now someone else wants some money too. Didn't think that would force them not to play it though.

Offline RichardRG

« Reply #629 on: July 16, 2017, 04:18:23 pm »
Metallica in Arlington, TX on June 17th. A bucket list item off my list. They are the band that got me into metal when I was 10 years old (I am 30 now), so it's about time I saw them. They're not getting any younger. The show itself was phenomenal with the pyro, lasers, and huge screens. It was at the AT&T Stadium which was packed with over 100,000 people. The setlist was good for first-timers and I was happy that they played The Memory Remains and Blackened. Of course I can't expect a MOP, AJFA, or TBA era setlist. But I heard the majority of main songs I wanted to hear, so I can't complain. Easily in my top 2 or 3 concerts.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:22:04 pm by RichardRG »