Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Recent shows  (Read 141961 times)

Offline RichardRG

Re: Recent shows
« Reply #615 on: December 07, 2016, 02:25:20 AM »
Saw Dark Tranquillity/Swallow the Sun/Enforcer/Starkill last night (Dec. 5) and Epica/Fleshgod Apocalypse/Arkona/The Agonist a couple weeks ago (Nov. 25). Next I'm gonna try to see Katatonia in March...

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #616 on: December 16, 2016, 06:10:09 AM »
Saw the Grand Magus/Behemoth/Amon Amarth show last night. GM were awesome, love seeing a trio like that on stage. Sound was good and they more or less played a hit parade and sped everything up a little. Got a shirt signed and spoke with the guys after their show.

Behemoth was fucking ridiculous. Played for about an hour and people were either going nuts or having to pick their jaw up from the floor. Skillwise probably the most impressive show I've seen, and the intensity was extreme. One hour left me exhausted.

Amon Amarth was good, but 100 minutes was maybe a tad overlong, and they played several songs that can be regarded as fillers. Other than that fun as fuck and lots to drink and sing along to. Never managed to top Behemoth though.

Offline RichardRG

« Reply #617 on: January 13, 2017, 08:51:16 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess - Master Quest last week. One of the most epic and majestic concerts I've ever been to.

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #618 on: February 07, 2017, 06:50:13 PM »
Aborted, Soilwork, Stopultura, Kreator tonight.

Never heard Aborted before. They were tight as hell and brutal. Much fun. Soilwork disappointed me a lot. I kind of like some of their new shit, but their vocalist and stand-in drummer sucked ass live. I wish Sepultura would just call it quits. What a fucking embarassment. People are following them around for this tour and are getting absolutely ripped off. One song from Beneath the Remains and the rest was just their newer era nu-metal garbage that left everyone feeling disgusted. They even cut their set 20 minutes short because the crowd never got into it. Well no wonder. Fucking moneygrabbers. At least Kreator still very much enjoy what they're doing. Could've done with more old stuff, but as long as I get Flag of Hate, Extreme Aggression, Pleasure to Kill and in total 90 minutes of ass-kickery on a tuesday evening, I'm happy. They even got a normally tame Norwegian crowd going.