Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Recent shows  (Read 141963 times)

Offline metaldomdom

Re: Recent shows
« Reply #600 on: November 14, 2016, 05:39:24 PM »
Anybody heard about the Helloween REUNION.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/helloween-to-be-rejoined-by-michael-kiske-kai-hansen-for-pumpkins-united-world-tour/

this for me is the news of the year

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #601 on: November 15, 2016, 06:24:32 PM »
I saw the Helloween/Gamma Ray tour a while back. It was pretty cool to have Hansen playing with Helloween but it was only for a couple of songs. This new tour would only be cool if there's a bunch of Keepers tunes. If there are just a few I'll pass.
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

Offline BrunoRedSox

• Staff
« Reply #602 on: November 22, 2016, 06:35:16 AM »
They're already selling tickets to their gig in Brazil on October 2017, and it's almost sold out!  8O

Unreal
Metal is forever
In every Single matter
Metal is forever
Nations come together

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #603 on: November 22, 2016, 08:48:10 PM »
I saw the Helloween/Gamma Ray tour a while back. It was pretty cool to have Hansen playing with Helloween but it was only for a couple of songs. This new tour would only be cool if there's a bunch of Keepers tunes. If there are just a few I'll pass.

I know I was there, I have a photo of me at that show (2008), but can't really remember cause I had a little too much to drink. What a night!!

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #604 on: November 23, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
Got tickets for Grand Magus, Behemoth and Amon Amarth in a couple of weeks. Should be entertaining.

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #605 on: November 23, 2016, 02:47:19 PM »
Got tickets for Grand Magus, Behemoth and Amon Amarth in a couple of weeks. Should be entertaining.

For one show or are they different shows?? If it's one show, it's going to be one hell of a night!

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #606 on: November 24, 2016, 07:09:36 AM »
All on the same show!

Offline Sirliftsalot48

« Reply #607 on: November 24, 2016, 09:38:40 AM »
Went to see Vektor last night in DC.  Worst venue I've been to.  It was a tiny narrow basement with tables and chairs pushed up against the walls making the area even narrower.  There were random extension cords and floodlights falling from the ceiling into the crowd.  The ceiling drywall had tons of holes in it.  The worst part was that there wasn't a stage, just an area on the floor where the band was playing.  Unless you were very tall or directly in the front, you couldn't see the band at all.  My wife and I left after two songs because we were basically just having an experience that was the equivalent of listening to a recording of Vektor in a cramped, warm, smelly basement.

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #608 on: November 25, 2016, 06:42:24 AM »
Went to see Vektor last night in DC.  Worst venue I've been to.  It was a tiny narrow basement with tables and chairs pushed up against the walls making the area even narrower.  There were random extension cords and floodlights falling from the ceiling into the crowd.  The ceiling drywall had tons of holes in it.  The worst part was that there wasn't a stage, just an area on the floor where the band was playing.  Unless you were very tall or directly in the front, you couldn't see the band at all.  My wife and I left after two songs because we were basically just having an experience that was the equivalent of listening to a recording of Vektor in a cramped, warm, smelly basement.

Been to many a show in conditions like that, lots in Rhode Island though I never went the one that burned a few years back (The Station). I often found myself looking around for the exits between bands after wondering what would happen if one of the multitude of cigarettes or joints started a fire...

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #609 on: November 29, 2016, 09:04:13 PM »
All on the same show!

Ok, I'm jealous, why can't we get bills like that here. I would have bought 3 shirts and my gf would have been pissed. My drawers for t-shirts are already full, but I don't care, every show I go, I buy a shirt. That's my motto

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #610 on: November 30, 2016, 04:03:57 AM »
Ok, I'm jealous, why can't we get bills like that here. I would have bought 3 shirts and my gf would have been pissed. My drawers for t-shirts are already full, but I don't care, every show I go, I buy a shirt. That's my motto

Yes, we are getting some good shows once a month or so. Sometimes more often. The metal community is pretty big in Norway and lots of venues are comitted to it, so most bands stop by.

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #611 on: December 01, 2016, 03:06:56 PM »
Yes, we are getting some good shows once a month or so. Sometimes more often. The metal community is pretty big in Norway and lots of venues are comitted to it, so most bands stop by.

Ahhh that's why, you're in Norway. I'm in Montreal, Canada so it's pretty hard to get good bill like that. We do get some big bands, but it's mostly the band with some local first band... But 2 years ago, we had SkeletonWitch, Sabaton and Amon Amarth. That was awesome.

Offline Eternal_Sorrow

« Reply #612 on: December 01, 2016, 10:27:41 PM »
Ahhh that's why, you're in Norway. I'm in Montreal, Canada so it's pretty hard to get good bill like that. We do get some big bands, but it's mostly the band with some local first band... But 2 years ago, we had SkeletonWitch, Sabaton and Amon Amarth. That was awesome.

What are you talking about man!! Ive lived in Montreal alot over the years and they probably get the best shows in Canada, you just gotta check out all the less known venues.  Ill will atest to heavy mtl becoming shit over the years though!

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #613 on: December 02, 2016, 05:20:04 AM »
What's annoying is how many Metal bands feel the need to tour with non-metal heavy bands here in the US just to ensure venues will book them. When I saw Dragonforce a while back they were opening for Killswitch Engage and the recent Revolution Rock show featured Slayer, Anthrax and Ghost but also Chevelle, Avenged Sevenfold and Sevendust. Fans here have no discrimination.

Offline metaldomdom

« Reply #614 on: December 03, 2016, 05:17:09 PM »
What are you talking about man!! Ive lived in Montreal alot over the years and they probably get the best shows in Canada, you just gotta check out all the less known venues.  Ill will atest to heavy mtl becoming shit over the years though!

Lesser venues usually means local bands, I hate local bands. King Diamond had Jess and The Ancient one... Blind Guardian had one of the worst opening local band ever. They played 4 songs, the band had 2 singers, 2 middle-aged women who were screaming Fuck this World.... wow