Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Recent shows  (Read 165221 times)

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #585 on: April 28, 2016, 11:04:06 pm »
Just left the Visigoth show. They fucking killed.

Set list
Dungeon Master
Mammoth Riders
The Spell (Demon cover)
Vatt'ghern (by Steel and Silver)
The Revenant King
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

Offline Dragonchaser

• Staff
  • Ghost In The Ruins
« Reply #586 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:42 am »
Starborn played in a Battle Of The Bands at a cool pub called The Aletaster here in Gateshead at the weekend. It wasn't exclusive to metal, but it was an energetic and lively gig.

Offline RichardRG

« Reply #587 on: May 19, 2016, 01:52:43 pm »
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody & Primal Fear at Trees in Dallas, TX (5/17/2016) setlists:

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody:

Nova Genesis (tape)
Knightrider of Doom
Rosenkreuz (The Rose and the Cross)
Land of Immortals
Unholy Warcry
Son of Pain
Prometheus
Drum solo (over the Game of Thrones theme song)
Il cigno nero
The Pride of the Tyrant
Demonheart
Bass solo (over the Matrix theme song)
Dawn of Victory

Quantum X (tape)
Emerald Sword
Outro

Primal Fear:

Countdown to Insanity (tape)
Final Embrace
In Metal We Trust
Angel in Black
Rulebreaker
Sign of Fear
The Sky Is Burning
Nuclear Fire
Angels of Mercy
The End Is Near
When Death Comes Knocking
Chainbreaker
Metal Is Forever

Rollercoaster
Running in the Dust

Medium size venue with I'd guess around 100 people. The whole show kicked ass, especially Infidel Rising which was one of the opening bands. I got a promo poster signed by all the members of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody and Primal Fear, CD booklets autographed, setlists from both bands, and a photo with Luca Turilli. I'd already put it as one of my favorite shows I've been to (top 5, personally) and is the main power metal tour of the first half of the year since Blind Guardian & Grave Digger will be coming back to the U.S. again in the fall.

Luca Turilli himself was the star of the show. I've never seen someone run around the stage like a maniac while shredding neo classical solos with such precision. He's now my favorite live guitarist (I've seen Youngblood, Tolkki, Romeo, Malmsteen, etc. but Luca is now my #1). I was skeptical about seeing Rhapsody because of their bombastic sound and mostly only knew the songs I knew that they were going to play, but they really blew me away and now I'm definitely a fan. Plus, Luca Turilli was such a nice guy and super cool with all of the fans.  I would have liked to hear a song or two from Ascending to Infinity, especially "Dark Fate to Atlantis", but since this was their first ever U.S. tour I'll take what I can get.

Primal Fear was 100% solid, of course. They played my 2 favorite songs,"When Death Comes Knocking" and "Rollercoaster", so I was totally happy with that.

My first time seeing both bands and I'll definitely go see them again when they return to the U.S.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:26:29 pm by RichardRG »

Offline Dragonchaser

• Staff
  • Ghost In The Ruins
« Reply #588 on: May 19, 2016, 08:49:46 pm »
It's cool that Luca Turilli's Rhapsody played some of the old songs. They're missing "The Ancient Forest Of Elves", though,  :naughty:

I've seen Primal Fear a few times and they always kill.

Offline RichardRG

« Reply #589 on: May 19, 2016, 10:03:45 pm »
I'm not sure if they intentionally did this, but the names were changed for several songs on both bands' setlists.

"Emerald Cork" instead of "Emerald Sword"
"Prawn of Victory" instead of "Dawn of Victory"
"Knightrider to Moon" instead of "Knightrider of Doom"

"Nuclear Desire" instead of "Nuclear Fire"
"When Dad Comes Knocking" instead of "When Death Comes Knocking"

I just thought that was funny. :D

Offline Luxi

• Staff
  • "SADISTIC FUCKING INTENT!!!"
« Reply #590 on: May 20, 2016, 03:30:48 am »
This weekend...  8)

"Live for today... tomorrow never comes".

Offline Eternal_Sorrow

« Reply #591 on: May 20, 2016, 04:35:37 am »
This weekend...  8)

Im not a huge 1349 fan, but holy fuck can i atest to them putting on a fucking amazing live show!!  Wish i could get a chance to see them again.

Offline Chris Foley

• Staff
« Reply #592 on: May 20, 2016, 03:30:50 pm »
Finally witnessed Blind Guardian live on Tuesday, incredible experience which I can't really put into words. Great to see my other favourite band absolutely kill after Virgin Steele disappointed so much. Like Richard has done in his posts, here's the setlist:

The Ninth Wave
Time Stands Still
Nightfall
Fly
Tanelorn
Prophecies
The Last Candle
Lord Of The Rings
Bright Eyes
Journey Through The Dark
Imaginations From The Other Side

Sacred Worlds
Majesty
Valhalla

Into The Storm
The Bards Song
Mirror Mirror
Barbara Ann

Journey Through The Dark would be the knee-jerk answer if asked my fave BG song, so it's safe to say I lost my shit when they played that. Bright Eyes was amazing, as was all the material from Nightfall, and I was surprised at how well the new material transfers into the live environment. All in all; hype, hype, hype, hype, hype.

I need to see them again.

Offline RichardRG

« Reply #593 on: May 20, 2016, 07:22:06 pm »
Chris Foley: Amazing! Blind Guardian are my favorite live band and now you probably see why. :D I just bought a VIP ticket for the Dallas show on Sept. 27th. It will be my 3rd time seeing them and I hope that they also play Majesty and Journey Through the Dark since I have no seen them play those songs yet. It's always awesome when one of your favorite bands unexpectedly plays that one song that happens to be your favorite song by them. :D Journey Through the Dark was a less common/rare live song before this 2nd leg of the BTRM tour so it's great that they have been playing it more frequently. Glad you enjoyed it! \m/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:25:10 pm by RichardRG »

Offline Eternal_Sorrow

« Reply #594 on: May 20, 2016, 11:15:40 pm »
Chris Foley: Amazing! Blind Guardian are my favorite live band and now you probably see why. :D I just bought a VIP ticket for the Dallas show on Sept. 27th. It will be my 3rd time seeing them and I hope that they also play Majesty and Journey Through the Dark since I have no seen them play those songs yet. It's always awesome when one of your favorite bands unexpectedly plays that one song that happens to be your favorite song by them. :D Journey Through the Dark was a less common/rare live song before this 2nd leg of the BTRM tour so it's great that they have been playing it more frequently. Glad you enjoyed it! \m/

I agree as well, fucking Blind Guardian slay so much live its hard to even believe!!  Ive only seen then once but Seven Kingdoms opened for them, and it was right before "The Fire is Mine" came out so we got a lot of cuts which sounds fucking amazing with Sabrina Valentine on vocals!!

Offline Dragonchaser

• Staff
  • Ghost In The Ruins
« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2016, 11:21:04 am »
I saw Blind Guardian at Bloodstock a few years ago and they were absolutely flawless.

Offline MetalMike

• Staff
« Reply #596 on: September 18, 2016, 03:13:41 pm »
Went to the Revolution Rock show in Connecticut on Saturday. Mostly trash from bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Sevendust and their ilk but It is always fun to watch Anthrax play "Indians" and see the blood red lighting when Slayer plays "Raining Blood." Ghost was the main reason I went and they did not disappoint. Killswitch Engage was tolerable, especially their cover of "Holy Diver." The biggest surprise for me was Volbeat. They were fast, heavy and the singer worked the crowd like an expert.

If this becomes a regular thing I hope they work in a couple more good bands next time.
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood

Offline eternaljester81

• Staff
« Reply #597 on: September 24, 2016, 02:54:34 pm »
I FINALLY get to see Blind Guardian tonight in St. Louis, and could not possibly be more excited. Getting Grave Digger also is just too awesome. I'll report back once I'm back amongst the living  :naughty:  :cheers:

Offline RichardRG

« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2016, 06:02:06 pm »
I FINALLY get to see Blind Guardian tonight in St. Louis, and could not possibly be more excited. Getting Grave Digger also is just too awesome. I'll report back once I'm back amongst the living  :naughty:  :cheers:

That rules!!! :D I will be seeing them on Dallas on 9/27.

I saw the Distant Worlds (Final Fantasy) orchestra once in July and twice in August. Bought tickets for Epica, Fleshgod Apocalypse, etc. in November.

Offline RichardRG

« Reply #599 on: September 28, 2016, 02:13:30 am »
Blind Guardian at Dallas setlist (09/27/2016):

The Ninth Wave
Time Stands Still (at the Iron Hill)
Nightfall
The Holy Grail
Imaginations from the Other Side
I'm Alive
A Past and Future Secret
The Script for My Requiem
Mordred's Song
Born in a Mourning Hall
Bright Eyes
Another Holy War
And the Story Ends

Into the Storm
Majesty
The Bard's Song - In the Forest
Mirror Mirror

I got a setlist (signed by Hansi) and a guitar pick from Marcus. I met the whole band and they all signed my copy of Beyond the Red Mirror.   

So happy that they played The Holy Grail and I FINALLY got to hear Majesty live. My favorites were The Holy Grail, Bright Eyes, Mordred's Song, Another Holy War, And the Story Ends, and Majesty.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:22:00 am by RichardRG »