Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook

Author Topic: Recent shows  (Read 160376 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Doctor Universe
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »
I'm with you metal_xxx...just because we all like metal doesn't mean that's all we have to listen to all the time. I myself enjoy numerous types of music, and feel everyone else here would be hard-pressed to say otherwise themselves. Maybe that should be a new thread...everyone posts at least one band they listen to as a guilty pleasure...

Listening to bands as a "guilty pleasure" is such a pussy thing to say. You probably didn't mean it that way, but really, why should anyone feel guilty about anything they like?

Offline chaossphere

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »
Seeing Dismember next month!  :headbang:

Offline Sirliftsalot48

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 10:29:42 PM »
Iron Maiden in a week.  :super:

Offline Legion

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 11:56:11 PM »
I'm not on a high horse....the general impression was that metal_xxx was being made fun of simply for liking a band that wasn't metal. It's quite understandable that, even if my assumption was incorrect, one could see how those comments sounded as such (let us not forget it's a bit hard to infer sarcasm or friendly prodding over the internet). Secondly, "guilty pleasure" is simply a figure of speech...I don't actually feel "guilty" for liking the things that I do...if someone doesn't agree with what I like well that's too bad for them but no skin off my sack.
"I'm waiting for the day the whole world fucking dies."

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 12:01:03 AM »
I wasn't picking on him for liking a non-metal band.  I was picking on him for liking a band that sucks horse balls through a garden hose.

Offline chaossphere

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 12:31:43 AM »
haha, exactly. Foo Fighters is one of the most pathetically faceless bands i've ever heard. A couple of times i've heard some song of theirs on the radio at work a few dozen times before I caught the DJ actually saying who it was, until that point it could have been one of any number those of shitty modern shitrock bands that all sound the fucking same. Dave Grohl would have done well to follow in Kurt Cobain's footsteps...

Karg

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 12:34:37 AM »
LOL, Sargon.

You could've named something far worse I think, metal_xxx. Like fucking Nickelback. I want that guy DEAD.

Anyway, Christ, the only thing that's come through around here recently was Amon Amarth.

And before that, Opeth. Yeah, you can figure out if I went or not.   :roll:

Offline vorthas

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 01:12:40 AM »
last shows i've been to have been Local bands... one Emortus/Oskorei (other bands arent worth mentioning), and one Emortus/Warscythe (other bands are, again, not worth mentioning).

love the local shows when theres good bands, not fagcore/shitty wanna-be-metal bands. hah hah
Fly high into the canopy, Bring me the Head of God!

Offline metal_xxx

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 02:53:59 AM »
Oh, cool down you  guys... I'm not taking any offence at all... Why the hell should I care what everybody else thinks of me listening to a sucky band? I like them, I guess I suck to then. :cheers:

Nickleback is far worse though.

Offline Dragonchaser

• Staff
  • Ghost In The Ruins
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 06:50:34 AM »
I saw Blaze Bayley a couple of weeks ago. He rocked. They even played "Lord of the Flies", which was, believe it or not, much better than when I saw Maiden do it with Dickinson.

Offline Phoenix

• Doctor Universe
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 09:22:48 AM »
I saw Blaze Bayley a couple of weeks ago. He rocked. They even played "Lord of the Flies", which was, believe it or not, much better than when I saw Maiden do it with Dickinson.
I wonder how good his new album will be. Should be out very soon.

Offline vorthas

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 11:15:47 PM »
I wonder how good his new album will be. Should be out very soon.

i wouldnt expect much... Iron Maidens been a lot more radio friendly lately, and - i'm sure that will have a bit of an influence on him.
Fly high into the canopy, Bring me the Head of God!

Offline Sargon the Terrible

• Staff
  • Ia Ia Cthulhu F'Thagn!
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 01:10:32 AM »
More radio friendly?  Have you been listening?

Offline chaossphere

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 06:47:46 AM »
Yeah, radio loves songs that drone on for 9 minutes at a time  :idiot:

Offline Phoenix

• Doctor Universe
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 01:32:05 PM »
i wouldnt expect much... Iron Maidens been a lot more radio friendly lately, and - i'm sure that will have a bit of an influence on him.
Why would it be? His solo stuff sounds nothing like anything Maiden has ever done.